I have installed Mandrake SNF on an elderly HP Ventra with a 200MHz
Pentium Pro in a test-bed configuration.

I have it set up with eth0 (ne2k-pci card - 192.168.3.34) connected to
the LAN side of my network and eth1 (3c59x - 192.168.4.34) running
through a crossover cable to a laptop acting as a stand-in for the
internet.

>From the HP firewall, I can ping both of its NICs and can also ping the
'internet' (laptop - 192.168.4.65) and any internal machine (say:
192.168.3.45), so the TCP/IP stuff seems to be fine.

I can connect to the HP firewall with either ssh or Mandrake Security
(port 8443: I intentionally set it up to allow both) from either the LAN
side or the 'internet' side, but I cannot connect from the LAN side to
the internet side at all.

Mandrake Security - Restrict Access  lists
    Firewall Rules   on
and
Mandrake Security - Internet Access  lists
    Access Status   Down
and no amount of poking  'Start' or 'Stop',  in any combination, seems
to change its status. . . sigh

Any hints on how I should proceed would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance.  John T

(BTW what does 'Test' do?)

Go to http://wwww.mandrakestore.com