`i've read everything I can get my hands on involving urpmi.* including
man pages and list postings

nothing i've done will add the rpms on the web to my rpm list.

ive tried the following...

[root@localhost jasong]# urpmi.addmedia RPMfind http://www.rpmfind.net

and I get the following...

--20:45:35--  http://www.rpmfind.net/descriptions
           => `/var/cache/urpmi/partial/descriptions'
Connecting to www.rpmfind.net:80... connected!
20:45:36 ERROR 404: Not Found.

--20:45:36--  http://www.rpmfind.net/
           => `/var/cache/urpmi/partial/index.html'
Connecting to www.rpmfind.net:80... connected!
Length: 7,760 [text/html]
Server file no newer than local file
`/var/cache/urpmi/partial/index.html' -- not retrieving.

no hdlist file found for medium "RPMfind"
unable to update medium "RPMfind"

is this becuse i need to enter in a different url?  any reccomendations?
this is about to give me a coronary.

Go to http://wwww.mandrakestore.com