Hey Gang,
  Slight problem.  When I try to play a cd using CD Player, I get no sound
from the cd even though it says its playing.  But, I get sound from KDE
themes and whatnot.  I have a SoundBlaster Live! Platinum 5.1 running on a
700 Celeron, 392 mb ram, a 20 gig HD running Win2k Pro, and a 15 gig
partitioned into a 10 gig from backup of the win2k part, and 5 gigs for
Linux, Mandrake 8.0 btw.  Now the computer is a Blaster PC from
Tigerdirect.com incase anyone is familiar with that PC, and the DVD Drive's
audio cable is hooked into a digital port and I am thinking myself that my
problem lies there.  Any help?

Matt

Go to http://wwww.mandrakestore.com