Hi Frank!

Frank Chen banged on their keyboard and produced the following arrangement of
letters:

- I know xcin is an input method, and I don't know whether I am using it or
- not.
- When I open KEdit, I can press Ctrl + Space to change mode to enter
- Chinese characters. The size of its list is fine to recognize. And you can
- change
- KEdit's setting about the charset and the font size to display.

yes xcin is the input method you use when you press ctrl+space. It is not the
size in kedit that bother me but the size in the little box when I input
chinese.
I have a 14'' monitor and it really looks small and I haven't yet found a way
to increase the font size.
It's not yet at the top of my priority list though, so I'll see later about
that.

- I don't know xcin well, so I don't know whether it supports Unicode or not.
- However, from my sense, there is no Unicode character's input method yet.

no xcin doesn't support unicode.
RedHat uses CLE but I'm not sure about CLE.
I think I'll make my computer a dual boot with mandrake and Redhat chinese
edition so I'll be able to compare the two as far as chinese/unicode support
is concerned... but that isn't at the top of my priority list either... ;-)

- In fact, I am struggling with printing Chinese documents under Mandrake
 8.0. - I am trying to ask CLE team and people regarding ZH-L10N.
- If 8.1 solves this problem, I'll give it a try when I get it.

Yes, you might want to wait another two months for the new release or, if you
are in a hurry, install the new ghostcript on your current distro. (ask
Civileme about what exactly to install).

- I want to use Mandrake Linux as the desktop OS. I hope I can consider and
- operate
- it this way.

Not many people in taiwan seem to be using linux as a desktop os.
Most linux users here use linux as a server os.

Well, there are at least two of us ;-)

Be well,

Anguo

Go to http://wwww.mandrakestore.com