"Ronald J. Hall" wrote:

> Every so often (not consistent) from a cold start, my HP Deskjet 694c will do
> the flashing orange light thingy, where you have to push it to continue, and
> then it ejects 1 sheet of paper.

I had something similar happen on a HP Deskjet 632C and I traced it back
to the last page (that had been  printed before I shut down) not being
completely ejected. It would be almost ejected. In fact, enough that the
top of the sheet would lay down in the tray, but the very last edge of
the bottom was still in the printer. I would pull it out without
realizing that it was not finishing My printer is under my desk, so that
part was blocked from my vision by my keyboard. Then when I booted up,
it would respond with the flashing light. Presumably it was doing
something to correct the error that I was imposing on it. Even if what
is happening to you is not exactly like that, it may be an unfinished
page related thing. I corrected mine in CUPS, by deleting the printer
and reconfiguring it. That was after a few days of trying to correct it
directly with no success.

ShalomOut
  Chal
Elder PCUSA