I know that there is probably a better way to do this, but I, (in
desperation) got rid of those bad boys, by slapping them with Xkill
everytime they showed up. It took five or six times, but eventually they
stopped coming up, so far. If there is a better way to do this that will
not leave a lot of unfinished cleanup (as this probably did) I would
like to know also.

ShalomOut
  Chal
Elder PCUSA
Registered Linux user # 217118

Patience is a minor form of despair, disguised as virtue.
                -- Ambrose Bierce, on qualifiers