On Fri, 31 Aug 2001 13:50:41 -0500
Mark Johnson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> insightfully noted:

MJ> Just curious, would anyone out there be interested in a web based
MJ> email
MJ> system that can be used with say Evolution or KMail or something.  For
MJ> example, I have a hotmail account which makes things really convient
MJ> when
MJ> travelling because you can always check email where ever you are. But
MJ> actually don't prefere to read and write from a web based email
MJ> system.
MJ> However, hotmail is integrated with Outlook Express so I can use my
MJ> hotmail
MJ> account just like my other SMTP/POP3 email accounts and this makes
MJ> things
MJ> quite nice.
MJ>
MJ> It would be nice if mandrake or ximian or whoever could provide a web
MJ> based
MJ> email accounts that are integrated in KMail or Evolution, I would dump
MJ> my
MJ> hotmail account and go for a mandrake or ximian account instead and
MJ> then I
MJ> could be one step closer to running linux 100% of the time.
Try yahoo.  It is web based, but can be set up to act as a pop/smtp
account.  Just enter pop.mail.yahoo.com and smtp.mail.yahoo.com in the
appropriate spots in your kmail (or better, sylpheed) mail program along
with you account info an it works just fine.  No need for hotmail ;o)
Mike

--
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal
lobotomy."