On Sat, 1 Sep 2001 00:50, Eyedeal wrote:
> I guess this will come as no surprise - I'm having problems with my video
> card. Its a trident 9750 agp. My monitor is LG studioworks 440Si and my
> mandrake version is the old 6.1
>
> Any ideas ?? Much appreciated

I used to have that same card about a year ago. After mounting an extensive
research effort, I concluded that the card was worthless in GNU/Linux. I have
heard that some people have managed to get it working by using the "noaccel"
option in their /etc/X11/XF86Config file (that's all I remember, I'm afraid),
or by using 24-bit colour. I have never managed to make this work myself, but
I suggest that you try it before doing anything further.

--
Sridhar Dhanapalan.
                -- Jeremy S. Anderson