jennifer wrote:

> Please keep this off list.  Again, respond to me if neccsary, and Isaac off
> list. This is not the appropriate place to expounde your moral beliefs.
>
> This is a linux help list.

> You didn't hesitate to post *your* moral beliefs to the group, so why is it that you
>don't follow your own advice? I am sorry if you can't understand that there are
>social implications to Linux and open source, beside your own. The line between the
>technical and the social aspects at some points become blurred. That is why we see
>these kind of posts on a regular basis. This thread is not an isolated incident. No
>one is doing it to tick you off. It seems to me that you are confusing the role of
>the machine, with the role of the person using the machine. Until you can grasp that
>some people use computers to expound their moral beliefs, and how that affects the
>technical aspects, I don't have any desire to have a private conversation with you.
>Please respond to this *on* list, where everyone who is affected by these decisions
>you have made for the whole list can see it. You obviously don't understand what I
>was getting at in my earlier post, because once again, I am looking at !
!
someone begging the question. You are telling me that it is not appropriate, because
it is not appropriate, but have not offered any reason why. I am not trying to be
difficult. If you give me a good reason, I will seriously consider it. with all due
respect, your personal opinion, sans explaination thereof is of no more interest to me
than mine is to you. Is there some documentation to back up what you are proposing?
When I subscribed, the only hard rule I saw was about spam.

ShalomOut
  Chal
Elder PCUSA
Registered Linux user # 217118