On Friday 31 August 2001 14:06, Draconis wrote:
> Hi there!
>
> Last few day's I spend my time with installing SNF (Single Network
> Firewall) from Mandrake, and I must say it look realy good.
> I'm not complete a newbie at linux, but don't have so much expirience with
> mandrake.
>
> But I have a few questions.
>
> First: Is there a complete FAQ about the SNF ?
>
> Second: I have have problems using ICQ (from my win2k workstation) behind
> the SNF. It says, can't connect the ICQ server.
>       Has someone an ID how to get this working?
>
> Third: By trying to changes some configurations I was looking for
> Midnightcommander and couldn't find it.
>       Is there a possibility to install it?
>       I try'ed to install it with rpm --install and then a mc.rpm, but then it
> complaines about perl missing...
>

> Forth: Is it possible to run a xwindows version on the NFS?
>
> So.... lots of questions, but I hope someone can help me with this :-)
>
> Greetings and thanks in advance!!
>
> Draconis

You absolutely must _NOT_ use mc or any editor to make changes on SNF itself.
That is why they were left off.  For example, /etc/resolv.conf is loaded
every boot from another file.  Most of the configuration is automated by
rules you set up.

Do ALL your configuration from the web interface.  Use a graphics browser
like netscape from another machine in the network.  Login as admin, not root,
and use the admin password you set up.  The URL will be

https://(IP of SNF):4143

And you will see how to keep port 4000 open for ICQ as soon as you use the
web tools and wizards.

Civileme