I wonder:

has anyone ever installed two or more different linux distro on a single hard
drive and set lilo to dual/triple/whatever boot?

You don't need to tell me how to do it just yet: I have some documentation
here that I am gonna read first.

Actually the only doc I have is an article by a Simon   N goodwin without any
web references. A search on google about multilinux or several linux distro
installed on the same box didn't give any result. No how-to, no nothing. Just
this printed article.

The only documentation is about dos + linux dual boot or Windrowse + linux
dual boot but not linux + linux dual boot (in my case that would be mandrake
as primary OS plus one or both of the two local distro: CLE or Linpus).

I will read the win+linux dual boot doc anyway: I guess that most of the info
is relevant all the same.

I wish to be able the compare different distro at the same time, especially
since I don't seem to be able (yet) to properly configure Mandrake so that it
does what I want it to do with Chinese.

I was thinking that either CLE  or Linpus would have better chinese support
all around.

I will read my doc carfully and plan for success.

Meanwhile I was curious about whether anyone else on the list has attempted
that before.

Did the installation go smoothly?
How, in practical terms, do you use this setup for?
How do the different distro interact together?
Do you need one /home/user/ for each distro, or can you use the same for all?

Thanks for any feedback
 (thanks anyway, even if there isn't any feedback :-D )

Blessings,

Anguo