I am running LM on a dual boot Compaq Armada 7800 laptop. The ethernet card
is detected but when i try to install a LAN conncetion to the internet, I
get an error saying:
"insmod'ing module failed at /usr/lib/libDrakX/modules.pm line 510"

the code in this line is:
run_program::run (-x "/sbin/modprobe.static" ? "/sbin/modprobe.static" :
"/sbin/modprobe", $name, @options)

What could be the problem? I also get a resource collision error at
boot-time. The error reads:

PCI: device 00.0e.1 not available due to resource collisions.

could this be related to the above error?