Robert (or anybody else),

Speaking of Midnight Commander, can you (or anyone else) give me simple
instructions on how to setup mc so that it uses black text on a white
background?  (Hopefully in a config file or something so I don't have to
do it every time I start mc.)

This has been on my wish list for a while.  The default colors (and
text) are hard to see in an X terminal (?) like Konsole.  When I log
into SourceForge and use mc, the text is black on white (with perhaps
shades of gray in a few places) -- very easy to read.

Thanks,
Randy Kramer