hi,
i have few 3com isa 10mb/s cards and they are all 3c509's (no guarantee yours
are of course), have you tried looking on the 3com site for a utility to
configure it? that way you will know what options to specify in linux (though
device manager in windows should give a clue), this might help you identify
it as well, does the card have a pnp/manual jumpersettings option? trying one
or the other might help

any help?

bascule