okay i added the line "/mnt/cdrom *.localdomain(ro,insecure)" to my exports
file in /etc.... i dont have a local host name setup, left as default in
mandrake...  but i want my slackware machine to be able todo a nfs to the
mandrake machines cdrom... could i just take out *.localdomain... and put in
* and the mandrake machine would allow the slack machine to connect?

because whenever i type in

mount -t nfs 192.168.1.100:/mnt/cdrom /cdrom
it spits out
"mount: RPC: Unable to receive; errno = Connection refused"

what does that mean?  i have nfs, portmap running... i added the export line
to /etc/exports....

all i want is for my 486 to be able to install slack on it.. by either nfs
(which isnt working either), or just a mounted directory (the above method
that im trying.

-- nathan