I'm hoping that someone on the list can help me out with 2 small problems.
I'm in the process of trying to "Lock Down" KDE on Mandrake 8.0 . In other
words, I'm trying to remove some functionality. If successful, users will
only have the ability to click on designated icons on the desktop. So far,
I've been able to get rid of the panel (taskbar), I've made the desktop
"read-only", gotten rid of the "right-click" option on the desktop, and
changed permissions on the remainig icons to read and execute only.

My last few problems are as follows;

1) After removing the panel and right-click menu, I no longer have a simple
way to "Log-Off" the users, short of using the CTRL-ALT-Backspace keystroke.
I assume that since log-offs can be done by clicking a button on the panel,
that there is a command that will work, but I have no idea what it is.  The
"logout" command - when run from a console will not work, and it suggests
that I use "exit", which only closes the console. What I need is a command
that will start the log-off process by using an icon.

2) I need to eliminate the "right-click" option when the mouse-pointer is
positioned over an icon.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Lanman