mooseman wrote:
> it would likely vary per the motherboard.
> most motherboards that i have used or seen don't even allow mixing of the two
> types.
> they have had a jumper to select one or the other.
> maybe do a search at the motherboard homeworld (motherboards.org) to see if
> anyone can answer it.
>
> on the other hand, if you have 72 pin ram handy, stuff it in and see for
> yourself... what kind of machine is it? cpu?

Moose,

Thanks for the response!

Actually I have several very similar motherboards, one manual is for a
i430VX "Mainboard" (but all the drivers are for SiS), with a Cyrix
6x86MX PR233 cpu.

Yeah, I can try it.  Probably take a few days or a good benchmark to see
whether the machine is actually slowed down or not.  Might do it -- if I
do, I'll post results to the list.

Randy Kramer