X-RebelTech Is Here: http://www.rebeltech.ca

it would likely vary per the motherboard.
most motherboards that i have used or seen don't even allow mixing of the two
types.
they have had a jumper to select one or the other.
maybe do a search at the motherboard homeworld (motherboards.org) to see if
anyone can answer it.

on the other hand, if you have 72 pin ram handy, stuff it in and see for
yourself... what kind of machine is it? cpu?

goodluck.

moose.