I have refrained from posting OT since Dennis HAVLIK posted about
kicking people off the list. However, that was not the only one reason.
The other is that I have had arguments in the past about posting OT, and
I see some of the same people who flamed me about my opinion are now
posting OT themselves, because this is not just another OT, this is
different. This topic about the nation's tragedy is something that most
people can't seem to ignore. Someone posted calling for a show of hands.
I vote to allow OT. Someone else inquired if everyone had stopped
because of Dennis HAVLIK's post. With all due respect to Mr. HAVLIK, the
main reason I have refrained recently, is out of respect to those who
feel so strongly against posting OT, that they have gone somewhat off
the deep end emotionally and resorted to name calling. I don't want to
be responsible for driving someone to that extreme. We have enough of a
problem. The purpose of discussing the tragedy, is to try to work
through it, not to create more of a problem. Unity is more important
than my piddling "freedom of speech." I offer an invitation to anyone
who wants to discuss this, or anything else off list, until this is
cleared up ( and I'll try to actually post off list this time). I have a
great deal of respect for everyone on this list, even those whom I have
had differences with in the past. At the same time I don't wan to stick
a gig in someone who is already hurting emotionally.

ShalomOut
    Chal

Elder PCUSA
Registered Linux user 3217118

Shalom does not mean peace (in the sense of absence of conflict). It
means completeness and fulfillment. It could possibly be understood as
"peace of mind."

Paraphrased from the exeGesis Paralell Bible, an Aramaic translation and
transliteration by exegete Herb Jahn