Hello,

I really hope you don't mind me asking a windoz question. You see, I have
still not managed to install Mandrake.  Until I do I would like to continue
receiving mail from this list for future reference. However since the
average daily  mail from this list tends to range between 50 to 80. I simply
do not have time  sift through all. For this reason I would like to create a
rule in Outlook to move specific mail  by subject to designated folders in
my inbox. I very thank you in advance for your co-operation. Here is the
description of the problem.

I have recently gone over the MS Technet pages
Hi guys, been hoping some of you might be kind enough to help me filter the
massive amount of mail I get from this listing using the Outlook Rules
wizard. I guess assistance with MS  is a repugnant idea to  most. I have not
managed to get help to install my Mandrake 8 either. I guess as a total
newbie I need to seek support locally and come back as with more
intermidiate skills.

Farewell for now

Siavash

 http://support.microsoft.com/directory/article.asp?ID=KB;EN-US;Q196212  and
applied rules as instructions but the rules do not seem to be working.

I am trying to create rules to tell Outlook to put messages with specific
words in content of message, body or subject field, to be moved in specially
designated  folders.   I select TOOLS, RULES WIZARD,
NEW,
then I select
"Move messages  based on content",
finally I insert the relevant content/words to base the relocation along
with specifiying which folder to move it in.

However I find each time I download mail they still pile up in Inbox rather
than moving them to the specified folder locations. I even tried the "RUN
NOW" button  which displayed the copy dialog box, but I still find that
messages do not move to specified folders on each download.

Can you throw some light on this?  Is this a ISP server  configuration
issue?

I am using Windoz 2000 Professional with Outlook 2000 installed from Office
2000.

Sincererly

S.S.