>I'm so newbie I don't know if linux is pronounced lin like sin or line like
>sine.

It's like "sin". But that exact word is attached to that ofter software ;)

>I have been lurking for months and enjoy this list.
>
>I installed 8.0 with no problems that haven't been addressed here until
>today, discounting my own bumbling.
>
>Just downloaded Raklet iso's and burnt cdroms, however result is a cdrom with
>the file
>"mandrakelinux-8.1-raklet-beta3-cd1.i586.iso" rather than a cdrom full of
>files.  Where have I erred?

An ISO file is a CD image. When you burn the ISO file to the cd, you just copy
the file.
You need to tell the program (Gtoaster, GCombust etc) to write a cd from the
ISO. So point to the image file and create a cd from that. There's a fine
difference, I hope you see it.

>I used neroburning (gulp) windows 98

Everyone's allowed one big mistake. You just used yours. heheheh!!

Paul

--
Bow before me, for I am root.

http://nlpagan.net - Registered Linux User 174403