I have Samba (apparently) up and running on my linux box.  My local set
up is this:

192.168.0 style network.

 .2  Linux with local on eth0 and internet on eth1
 .1  Win 98
 .10 Win ME

The linux box is, obviously, my gateway.  Samba is configured as my
domain server.  Both Win boxes log into it just fine.  The Windows ME
box pc can see the shares I've configured, but the Win98 box cannot.
The Win98 box can see the shares on the Windows ME box, as well as it's
own shares.  Both machines have identical (except for IP address) IPX/
NETBUI/ TCP/IP settings.

smb.conf:

[global]
workgroup= BLAHBLAH
hosts allow = 192.168.0. 127.
client code page = 850
character set = ISO8859-1

#Domain Controller
security = user
domain logons = yes
os level = 33
preferred master = yes
local master = yes
domain master = yes

wins support = yes
name resolve order = wins lmhosts hosts

map to guest = Bad User
encrypt passwords = yes
smb passwd file = /etc/samba/smbpasswd

[homes]
comment = Home Directory, put your stuff here
browseable = yes
writable = yes

[tmp]
comment = Guest Space
path = /home/public
guest ok = yes
writable = yes

[netlogon]
path = /home/samba/data
writable = no
browseable = no
public = no

Any clues, or suggestions on which windows forum I should be bugging
instead?