sorry i keep asking so many questions..i just want to find the best way to
go about this! i -do- have an actual router (which i was using before when
both computers were running windows). my router is linksys Etherfast
Cable/DSL router. it doesn't provide information about setting it up on a
linux box...i have my adapter (ie hardware or MAC) address, ip address (and
alt. ip address), subnet mask ip, dns server ip, authentication ip, gateway
ip, and domain name. i need (i think) to know how to setup TCP/IP under
linux. however i'm not positive about any of this..thanks,
angela