Hi!

I had good guidance from this list recently and have got fetchmail and pine
both installed and configured (although clearly I'm missing something).  I'm
running Mandrake 8.0.  I can send mail but can't receive from the Linux box.
Out of curiosity last night I tried setting up Mozilla to retrieve mail for
me and it happily retrieves all the mail I want.  However, Pine maintains
that there are 0 messages in the inbox, regardless of how many messages have
piled up . . .     It appears to be the same problem that I had before
setting up Mozilla, and Mozilla isn't set to get messages until I tell it to
get them, so it isn't like Mozilla is hoarding all the inbound mail, so that
Pine actually has no mail to report.  Pine gets its chance but just doesn't
seem to find mail.  I assume that fetchmail is not finding mail, somehow.
Could it somehow be looking in the wrong location??

Regarding fetchmail, if I set up a .fetchmailrc and ask it to poll for
mail.home.com (I'm on the @Home cable system) it complains bitterly that
this can't be found cannonically on the DNS server.  If I remove the mail.
at the front (which violates all sample .fetchmailrc files I have seen) it
still can't get any mail.   If I use commandline "fetchmail home.com" it
then asks me for a password for the correct username and @home.com but then
it just hangs and never gets back to me after I enter the password.

Does anyone have an idea as to what might be happening here or is my
question too big (ie. too many possibilities to answer anything)?

(I'm definitely closer to my goal than before!)

Thanks!

-w