On Monday 17 September 2001 09:02 am, Terry Smith escribió:

> We've had some discussion about mobos and chipsets over the last
> couple of months.

> If we assume that Iwill can make a good board (anybody using their
> stuff?) that since it uses the same chipset as the Asus mobo, it will
> past muster. What about the RAID controller and what are your general
> thoughts about going to a RAID configuration?

   What CPU do you intend?  I would strongly discourage buying any of
the current (fad) boards that sport Win-raid.  MOF, go out of your way
to get a board that doesn't have it.  Getting back to CPU, I would
strongly suggest you only buy a board that is on AMD's recommended
list, assuming you intend to buy an AMD proccessor. Which you should ;)

   Just as, if not more important, is the power supply. AMD publishes a
recommended list for those also. Pay more attention to model numbers
than brand names.
--
        Tom Brinkman                 Galveston Bay, USA
Admiral Yamamoto:  "I fear that all we have done is to awaken a