> >Now my question is: Does anybody know how to install LiLo
> without harming
> >the partitiontable information NT requires? I would
> appreciate any hint on
> >how to do this. Couldn't really find anything...
> >
> >Andreas
> >
> >Want to buy your Pack or Services from MandrakeSoft?
> >Go to http://www.mandrakestore.com
>

> hiho andreas
>
> well - u mean u were able to boot into windows nt ?
> but u werent able to start any applications ?
Yes, due to the fact that NT could not retrieve any information on the
filesystem or the size of the second primary NTFS-partition. It could,
however, recognize the partioning data after setting linux ext2 to type 5.
The filesystem stayed unknown.

> under win NT ---- arent u able to "hide" the unknown partitions ?
> or - assign the unknown partition another drive letter than D ?
It does not look like a letter assignment issue to me. NT doesn't assign any
letter except from C, since it is not able to identify the filesystems on
the remaining partitions as long as LiLo is in operation.
> (i assume that the unknown partition is a primary and your
> former D part.
> is a logical drive)
No, it is a second primary labeled as unknown when LiLo active.
> u could also try to re-install linux - installing it *not* to
> a primary,
> but secondary(logical) partition (i think it should be
> possible - consult
> your manual)
OK, I'll RTFM. Linux is still working smoothly when I reinstall LiLo which
spoils NT operations, so I won't reinstall Linux, I guess.

Thanks quay.

Andreas