There are a few things you can do:

1.  Repartition the drive (which pretty much means a re-install) as follows:

/ approx 600 - 700 MB
/usr approx 3.5 GB (gives you a little more room in case you decide to load
more programs down the road)
leave your swap size the same
give the rest to /home.

2. Take a look in /var/log, and see if there are any .[1-9] files or .gz
files.  If so, they can be deleted (since they are nothing more than old
copies of your log files).  Also check in /var/spool/mail, and do an ls -al
to see how large your mail spool files are getting.  The 'root' user
account gets a lot of e-mail from various cron jobs that occur regularly
(if the machine is on 24/7) and so therefore might be kind of large.

3.  Try to figure out where it is trying to uncompress the man files (I
think /var/tmp maybe? or /var/cache) and make that a symbolic link to a
similarly named directory on /home (where you have plenty of room).

Michael