On Mon, 24 Sep 2001 22:33:38 -0400, Dennis Myers <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Monday 24 September 2001 16:16, you wrote:
> > Oops, I've just told someone off for using html!
> >
> > Insults are a waste of time and offensive - we all make mistakes. I hate
> > html mail but, also, I use Sylpheed on one of my machines and it can't
> > handle html, so there's a practical reason. However, on this machine I
> > use KMail and I have forgotten to switch off html myself on occasions.
> > So let's just concentrate on helping one another.
> >
> > I don't have a "twit" filter - if I did, I guess we would all end up in
> > it at some point. It's very sad, really.........Ric (none of us) should
> > have to put up with this. Maybe we should filter out Kari!
> >
> > David
> <snip>
> Now I'm confused, I understood that Kmail would not send HTML but could
> read it. So you can set the reception for those lovely : ) ZDnet
> announcements and yet not worry about sending out html.  If I'm wrong I am
> probably sending HTML now. Let me know without burning my house down, Ok?
> I am CC ing this to me so I can see what it looks like.   later

Don't worry, you are correct. KMail can _view_ HTML mail (via KHTML), but it
cannot create them. Sylpheed Claws (I don't know about the standard version)
tries to convert HTML mail into plain text for viewing, Lynx-style. It also
allows you to direct HTML mail to the browser of your choice.

--
Sridhar Dhanapalan.
                -- Jeremy S. Anderson