I've seen a lot of hardware modems now saying they out right "support
Linux."  As well as a few NICs.  But the thing is, if you have a hardware
modem, then it's not an issue of software like it is with Winmodems.  The
machine knows what needs to be sent to the modem, and the modem understands
that.

So as long as the modem is a HARDWARE modem, it's supported under Linux.

I've had two Creative ModemBlasters and they've both worked very well.  The
first one just died on me for no reason.  I may have put something it that
fried something or knocked something loose.  I don't know.

But now I'm a cable connection so I don't have much need for a POTS line
modem! :0)
tdh

--
T. Holmes

Uptime:
 9:15AM  up 20:16, 4 users, load averages: 0.00, 0.02, 0.00