Many major companies are stating that WinXP will need 256MB of RAM to run well.

It should be remembered that hardware manufacturers primarily design their
products for Windos. Support for most hardware in GNU/Linux (including drivers)
is more often than not the result of much perspiration on the part of open
source reverse-engineers, who usually reveive _no_ help whatsoever from the
manufacturers.

--
Sridhar Dhanapalan.
                -- Jeremy S. Anderson