Charles A. Punch wrote:

> I'm not sure,but I think there might be way do that during boot up in
> interactive mode,in the part where you mount or unmount local drives.
> Might be worth a try before re-installing
>
> ShalomOut
>    Chal
>
> Elder PCUSA
> Registered Linux user #217118
>

> Jeremy D wrote:
>
>> Are you adding the drive to your machine (i.e.
>> post-install of Mandrake)?  My parallel port Zip100
>> drive was detected during installation (v8.0) -- works
>> great!  I had fewer problems with it than I had with
>> my floppy drive (permission stuff if I remember
>> correctly).
>>
>> All the necessary drivers should be installed when you
>> set up Mandrake.
>>
>> Jeremy
>>

>> --- Gordon Burgess-Parker <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>
>>> Can anyone tell me how to do this please?
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>>
>>> Gordon

>> MandrakeSoft?
>>
>>> Go to http://www.mandrakestore.com

Can I do this through "update" ? The zip drive was connected through a
switch box which was set to printer when I installed, (my previous
windoze printer wouldn't piggyback off the zip drive). I don't really
want to reinstall, although it would not be too much of a hardship as I
only did it last night, and its much faster than 7.1!

Thanks

Gordon