        From:   Gordon Burgess-Parker [SMTP:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
        Sent:   Thursday, September 27, 2001 9:40 AM
        To:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
        Subject:        Re: [newbie] Installing Zip drive on 8.0

        Charles A. Punch wrote:

        > I'm not sure,but I think there might be way do that during boot up
in
        > interactive mode,in the part where you mount or unmount local
drives.
        > Might be worth a try before re-installing
        >
        > ShalomOut
        >    Chal
        >
        > Elder PCUSA
        > Registered Linux user #217118
        >

        > Jeremy D wrote:
        >
        >> Are you adding the drive to your machine (i.e.
        >> post-install of Mandrake)?  My parallel port Zip100
        >> drive was detected during installation (v8.0) -- works
        >> great!  I had fewer problems with it than I had with
        >> my floppy drive (permission stuff if I remember
        >> correctly).
        >>
        >> All the necessary drivers should be installed when you
        >> set up Mandrake.
        >>
        >> Jeremy
        >>

        >> --- Gordon Burgess-Parker <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
        >>
        >>> Can anyone tell me how to do this please?
        >>>
        >>> Thanks
        >>>
        >>> Gordon

        >> MandrakeSoft?
        >>
        >>> Go to http://www.mandrakestore.com

        Can I do this through "update" ? The zip drive was connected through
        switch box which was set to printer when I installed, (my previous
        windoze printer wouldn't piggyback off the zip drive). I don't
really
        want to reinstall, although it would not be too much of a hardship
as I
        only did it last night, and its much faster than 7.1!

        Thanks

        Gordon

         << File: message.footer >>

This email and any files sent with it are intended only for the named
recipient. If you are not the named recipient please telephone/email
the sender immediately. You should not disclose the content or
take/retain/distribute any copies.

Norwich Union Life & Pensions Limited
Registered Office 2 Rougier Street
York YO90 1UU
Registered in England Number 3253947
A member of the Norwich Union Marketing Group
which is regulated by the Personal Investment Authority.
Member of the Association of British Insurers.

For further Enquires 01603 622200