> Ben Bayer said:
> "I think power supply might be another possible culprit.  Installing the
K6
> eliminated weird x-windows behaviour during boot-up, where the pixels
> appeared to scatter a bit, and fonts were fuzzy.  I think the 145 W power
> supply may have been marginal for the P200 installed then, operating at
3.3
> V.  The K6 works at 2.2 V, and the problem is gone."
>
> Ben:  I think you may be right.  I experienced strange problems when I
> upgraded to a K6-2 450.  Most the time it wouln't even boot.  Turned out
the
> old 250W PS developed  -5V @ .25A.  A new 250W PS  pumped out -5V @ .5A.
> The extra 1/4 amp made all the difference and box still works fine.

Don, thanks!  Heres some more information from the sticker on the power
supply: 145W max:

+5 V    15 A     red wire
+3.3 V     8 A    white wire
+12V    2.3 A    yellow
-12V    0.3 A    blue
-5V    0.1 A    white
+5VSB    1.5A    purple

The one you mention, -5V, appears very low on my PS, 0.1A.  I wish it were
easy to replace these SFX powersupplies.  What I need now is a SFX with
more -5 V amps, I guess.

Ben