Hi,

I have LM 8.0 on my machine together with Bill's NT4.0. I wanted to do a
clean install of LM 8.1 because I had problems with LM 8.0. I had no
success. I outline the steps of the attempted hard disk install below.
Can someone please tell me where I goofed?

1) I used NT4.0 to download the following three files onto an ntfs
partition:
        Mandrake81-cd1-inst.i586.iso
        Mandrake81-cd2-ext.i586.iso
        Mandrake81-cd3-supp.i586.iso

2) I mounted those files as virtual CDs on NT4.0 and copied their
contents out onto regular ntfs directories on an ntfs partition. The
directory names were the same as the file names in (1).

3) I used the rawwritewin.exe in the resulting directory tree named
Mandrake81-cd1-inst.i586.iso to create a boot floppy disk. I gave
rawwritewin.exe the hd.img as a parameter. The boot floppy got created
without error messages.

4) Then I tried to reboot from the floppy. I got the message the the
boot has failed and to remove the floppy.

What could be wrong?

Thanx,

Seedkum