Here's what I did:
1. Rename my ~/.sversionrc to another name:
    $ mv ~/.sversionrc ~/.sversionrc.bak
2. Run the SO6 install with the /net option
3. Run SO6 as user:
    $ /path/to/SO6/program/soffice
4. Do a 'user' install, which installs a couple of megs to ~
5. Examine the new ~/.sversionrc

In the new ~/.sversionrc, you will see that it looks like this:

  [Versions]
  StarOffice 6.0=/home/username/staroffice6

Open ~/.sversionrc.bak and you shall see that it has a similar format, but for
SO 5.2. Copy the second line from the old file and paste it to a new line in the
new file.

--
Sridhar Dhanapalan

        "OS/2 is the platform of the '90s."