Why, when I installed lm81 on a comp with a sb64 in it did  the sound
start with mixer setting that allow me to hear the KDE jingle and yet
when I installed on my home system with a Yamaha 724F (DS-XG) card
the mixer settings were set so that EVERYTHING was muted by default??

beat my head on the wall for 2 days till I tried loading kmixer
on a lark and saw it was set all the way down on EVERYTHING.

Oh well.  Live and learn.  Was happy to see it supported so well!

I can hear multiple sounds and such (LICQ sounds over mp3 and such)
so I am happy!!

--
I have yet to meet a C compiler that is more friendly and easier to use than
eating soup with a knife.