Yes, I think you're right there. The general rule is that a capital letter
signifies something larger than the base unit, by a given magnitude. Conversely,
a lower case letter is smaller than the base unit, by the same magnitude. For
example,

MB = megabyte (a thousand bytes)
mb = millibit (a thousandth of a bit)

Since there is no such thing as a millibit, people take "mb" to mean "MB".

--
Sridhar Dhanapalan

"I think that throttling writers is fine and good, but as it stands now, the
dirty buffer balancing will throttle anybody, not just the writer."
                        -- Linus Torvalds