what sort of things are you trying to do?

i have used DAP:
www.cee.hw.ac.uk/~richardk/

there is a binary rpm which works fine on my system, it has sometimes crashed
out with files over 100MB in size but that may be because i didn't have
enough ram and/or swap

there is also an rpm for audacity, have you tried that?

bascule