HI everyone...
i recently bought a laptop Compaq Presario 12XL509 ..and i found out
that the modem is a compaq PCI modem with the Conexant HSF chipset
(vendor ID 14F1 device ID 2013)...I tried to make it work downloading
from the internet the olitec driver plus the wrapper to make work under
Kernel 2.4.*....wll..it still doesn't...it gives me the NO DIALTONE
message....I thought it could have happened 'cos of the PnP OS in the
Bios....I tried to deactivate it..and surprise...on new presario laptops
it's not possible...as confirmed by compaq support line.....so...i'm a
bit stuck and lost...does anyone have any idea???I need help!!!
Thanks in advance to all of u
Regards
MAurizio