On Sat, 20 Oct 2001, Franki wrote:

> Fire up webmin, then go to hardware, then I think its under partitions or
> something, there is an IDE parameters section..

OK so far...

> you can modify your hdparm settings in there, and if they work, (you can
> test it from there as well) cut and paste the results onto the end of your
> rc.local file...

OK, there are two buttons here...one that says apply to disk, the other
says Test Speed. When I hit that button it says:

Speed test results
Buffered: 25.75 MB/sec
Buffer cache 2.63 MB/sec

Nothing about whether or not the hdparm setting would have any effect. Is
there another testing procedure I'm not seeing?