i am not fully sure i understand, konq doesn't launch for either file or web?

you may want to try going to your home dir/.kde/share/config and try renaming
the konqueror and konquerorrrc files (i usually just add "-bad" to the file
that way i can easily restore it) and restart kde.  in my own experience
80-90% of all kde problems can be solved by rebuilding the config file for
the app involved.  the fact that another user can run it makes this highly
likely.

tell us what that does (or does not) change.........

On Sunday 21 October 2001 08:29, you spoke unto me thusly:

--
"Followers of tao are nonconformists.  The conventional label our behavior
erratic, antisocial, irresponsible, inexplicable, outrageous, even

shane
registered linux user #101606 @ http://counter.li.org/
http://www.mystic-light.net/personal/
Proud to be a DMOZ editor since 10-98