Duh, I meant to send this to the list, sorry.

Franki wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I wanted to install the cooker 2.4.12-3enterprise kernel,
> I can't be bothered compiling my own nowdays, if the standard does what I
> want, thats usually good enough for me.
>
> So I downloaded the i586 rpm, I downloaded the 2.4.12-3 kernel headers and
> attempted to install them..
>
> I got no modules, and a lot of unresolved module links as a result, (all of
> them)

I checked the 2.4.3-20mdk enterprise kernel with software manager: the files
list showed a lot of modules. Also see the information tab (sorry, can't
copy and paste from software manager). And check the information tab for
the secure kernel. I think there maybe just isn't a secure 2.4 kernel yet,
maybe the 2.4 kernel must stabilize a bit more before Mandrake starts
patching for a secure version.

> so I downloaded the source, and installed that, (like I said, I don't really
> want to compile the whole thing, but as you can imagine, I need modules. :-)
>
> Can anyone tell me how to install the binary 2.4.12-3 enterprise kernel so
> that I have modules?
>
> of is the enterprise a cut down kernel for servers or something??   what
> replaced 2.2.19-4.1mdksecure kernel for 2.4?  ie the secure kernel??
>
> rgds
>
> Frank

HTH,

    -Frans (who received his LM8.1 CD's about one hour ago so I guess I'll
            have an interesting day :) )