On Tue, 23 Oct 2001 13:27:59 +0000, shipahoy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Tue, 23 Oct 2001 12:57:19 +0200
> H McM <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > Remove a package called imwheel.
> >
> That worked.  Thanks.
>
> It makes you wonder why imwheel is there in the first place.

I've been wondering this for a _long_ time. GTK+ (including GNOME) and QT
(including KDE2) apps have full wheel-mouse support. Other apps like Netscape
and Nedit can be quite easily modified to have a similar functionality. Imwheel
messes-up the native wheel support in these apps, but on the plus-side it allows
just about any app to scroll with the wheel. Since most the X apps you'll ever
use would have native support, I can't see why Mandrake loads this by default.

--
Sridhar Dhanapalan

        The three Rs of Microsoft support: Retry, Reboot, Reinstall.