On Thu, 25 Oct 2001, Jose M. Sanchez wrote:

Thanks! I'll try it!

But ONE of the reasons I'm enjoying mdk is the 'flexibility' of switching
from window manager to text!
I know that from Linux, but from my last experience with other distro's it
does NOT work fully, you can go but, not come back!

I was blaming my ex-distro when I discovered the 'guilt' ;-)
it was the bastille firewall, which used tty6 and 7 for logging purposes
and doing that... I could not 'flip' from one to the other [text to
windows manager].

But now I removed my old distro, bastille and I'm enjoying mdk8.1!

I didn't like 'gdm' very much because it lock us on the 'graphics' ...
there is no option to console or text!

Let's see 'kdm'!

Thanks for your help!

[]s Ricardo Castanho