Well why do we care about XP?  And if you just
installed it how do you know that it is more stable
then ME?  Don't you need some run time before you make
that statement?? And please tell us how you enjoy
paying the license fee again after you upgrade your
hardware.  The last time that I looked this was
[newbie] Linux-Mandrake list not XP.  If there is a
problem running a dual boot with XP(eww) and Mandrake
then yes we care.
Don
--- Robert <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Just upgraded to WindowsXP, for those who even care,
> and it went smoothly.
> Runs faster than ME and is very stable and solid.
> The usual applications that
> would crash ME without fail didn't even make XP
> hiccup.
>
> Two things though in both Linux and XP I just can't
> get my ancient external
> parallel port CDwriter to work automatically. With
> XP I have to wait until HP
> puts the download on their website, which I had to
> to with my scanner with
> ME, and so far with Linux the information I found
> requires me to play with
> some settings which I am more than willing to learn
> just hard to find the
> time lately.
>
> As far as the Luna interface being a rip of Apple's
> Aqua, not with all the
> wishful thinking and eye squinting does it look like
> Aqua. I still enjoy
> Linux's adaptability for making the Aqua theme much
> nicer than to enjoy
> without tying it to a premium system.
>
> If anyone wishes to drop me a hint on the CDwriter
> issue or a link for the
> truly "RAW" newbie I would appreciate it very much.
>
> > Want to buy your Pack or Services from
MandrakeSoft?