Hello;
I am installing Mandrake 8.1 on a system built of spare parts (low finances).
This will be a single user system.

I have an FIC VA-503+ Motherboard
AMD K6-3 450 Mhz. CPU
196 meg SDRAM

I have installed 3 hard drives;

 1-545 meg partitioned as:
hda1      / (250Meg)     native Linux type
hda5    SWAP (164Meg)    swap type
hda6     /var (104 Meg)  native Linux type

 1-425 meg partioned as:
hdb1     /home (200 Meg)  native Linux type
hdb5     /xxx (200 + Meg,)   <----- would like to use the remainder of this
                                    drive for an additional /usr partition

 1-630 meg partitioned as:
hdc1     /usr (600+ Meg)  native Linux type  <-- I've used up all this space
                                                 with installed Apps.

My problem is I need to install the Kernel-source and all of the support files
that will allow me to compile an Aureal audio card driver but there is just not
enough room on hdc1 which is where these additional apps want to get installed.
Sure would have been nice if the Aureal driver was built as an ".rpm" file ready
to install WITHOUT having to compile anything.

HOW can I add an additional /usr partition as proposed on hdb5 ?
I noticed the hard drive partitioning utility only lets me select ONE of ANY
MOUNT POINT even if that mount is on a different physical drive.
 If I try to define another mount point of the same name it puts up a message
that tells me "You already have a /xxx mount point" !

How can I span multiple physical drives to expand my " /usr " partition ???

- Rick