On Monday 29 October 2001 13:54, you wrote:
> On Friday, Oct 26, 2001, Dennis Myers wrote:
> > I have tried all kinds of ways that I can think of but am unable to
> > get samba or webmin in konqueror. Have others had this problem? I'm
> > not finding anything in the archives. Running 8.1 and have had no
> > problem like this with 8.0 on this same computer. I suspect it is the
> > Bastille firewall, but don't know what to look for or change to allow
> > access from a user desktop.  Any ideas would be appreciated. TIA
>
> If you're trying to do it on the some machine as the server, Bastille
> won't stop you (unless you edited the .cfg file by hand and changed
> stuff).  How are you trying to access them?  For Webmin, it should be:
>
> https://127.0.0.1:10000
>     ^
>     note the use of 's' here =)

Well now it is a moot point. I accidentally trashed my /home and could not
get it back, so went for a new clean install on the hdc and I am back
where I was the first time I tried to install 8.1. Install goes fine, but
once up and mail configured I can dial up and  appear to be connected to
the server, but no mail and no internet. Has anyone else experienced this
with the 8.1 d/l'd 3 cd set?  I can not for the life of me remember what I
did to get online. Suggestions are gratefully accepted.  I'm sending this
on hda with 8.0 which worked out of the box and no problems at all.  I
think that 8.1 did not make installation easier but more complicated.
--
Dennis M. registered linux user # 180842