I had a similar problem. For me I just needed to manually mount the cd and
then it would use it. It ejects the tray, I put the cd in, close the tray and
click ok, then it ejects the tray again and repeats the same message. I
finally figured out that if I simply mount the cd on the command line after
inserting it, but before I click on continue in the dialog prompt, it would
take it just fine. Obviously I need to do a bit more work on my fstab!
        So try manually mounting it after you stick it in and see if that works.

-Gary