I don't have Disk Free installed. Is there an RPM for that? I couldn't find
it on rpmfind.....

-----Original Message-----
From: Tom Brinkman [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, October 31, 2001 6:34 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [newbie] Installing new rpms from disks

> On Tuesday 30 October 2001 16:35, you wrote:
> > One word "Huh?".
> >
> > Mounting cd's at the command prompt?
> > And what does fstab mean?
> >
> > I am clueless to all of this.  I'm newbie of newbies really.
> > I know what the command prompt is but I don't know squat of
> > commands. Does linux have a page of command definitions or
> > something I could look up and print out?

> > Rob

     To get started, try typing 'apropos <whatyouwanttodo>'.
In this case that would be 'apropos mount'.  You'll get a listing
with a brief description for each, for all available commands havin
to do with mount.  Then typing 'man mount' will describe how to use
the mount command, and refer you to related commands.

   Problem is, the MAN(ual) pages were written by and for people who
already understand everything ;)  So it's tough learnin in the
beginning, but you're gonna need to get your feet wet sooner or later.

   If you don't want to use the command line, you could use Disk Free
to mount your CDROM.  It's on your K menu under Applications |
Monitoring. Just right click on the drive and choose mount (or
unmount) in the dialog box that appears. Many of us have been using
it since supermount broke.
--
        Tom Brinkman                 Galveston Bay, USA
              chmod +x /bin/Laden.al-Qaeda.Taliban