On Thu, 1 Nov 2001 14:14:52 -0600
Gary Traffanstedt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>       I'm looking for user experiences with Evolution. I'm wanting to switch to it
> from Kmail only because I like the way it does spell check. I've been using
> KMail since I first started using Linux and so I know that KMail is quite
> dependable. Is there anything I should know about Evolution before making the
> switch? Should I not make the switch and if so, why? Etc., etc., etc. Any
> input would be most appreciated!

I've tried the latest version 0.15 off cooker. I liked the look of the address book
which I thought might serve my purposes rather well for listing detailed business
addresses. I spent an hour or so carefully filling in addresses, went to create a new
category and the machine froze solid putting an end to that experiment. I won't trust
it with my data anymore. Evolution is not quite ready for mission critical functions
yet.

Its also a bit Redmondian for my taste, and I can't figure out how to do *proper*
rather than US English in the spell check which makes it less than useless for my
purposes.

I'll stick with Sylpheed which is in rapid development and coming along very nicely.
It handles huge folders (20megs or more) and mailing lists better than any mail client
I've ever used.